Saturday, February 3, 2007

The Week That Was

This was an interesting week. Lots of work and a stomach virus kept me from posting much.

Tonight seemed excellent. I got repeated, adorable calls from my mother who was in Miami as I made up a playlist for my two dearest friends who are each going through break-ups (the master list is about 61 songs long, so I am arranging and editing before I can post it).

As I began this post, I got the panicked phone call and jumped in my car to rescue my friend. So, overall, an improvement in my life and strife in theirs.

I spent a lot of time this week listening to:

  1. Break-up/sad/hopeful songs for the Playlist/Mixtape.
  2. Andrew Bird. Wow, what songs. I love love love Heretic. It's just extraordinary.
  3. The Rifles. I love the live cover of Inbetween Days from Radio 1, in addition to
  4. Aloe Blacc. I am awaiting my cd from Amazon, while I play the hell out of Gente Ordinaria.
  5. Instrumental versions and covers of Am I the Same Girl.

No comments: