Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Week That Was - Excitement and New Beginnings

This has been a reflective week for me. I have been preparing for a while for today. We didn't achieve what I had hoped we would by today, but it was still satisfying.

I am actually very happy, and I have been happy all week. I met some interesting people, I spent time with people about whom I geniunely care, and I saw some great music.

I am sitting outside and I can hear our neighbors' wind chimes. The night is cloudy and fairly warm (60s, it feels like).

I have spent a lot of time working toward some specific goals, but I have realized that despite the stress and anxiety associated with not quite getting there yet, I am really pleased with how far I have come and with who I am. It feels pretty darned good to be me, right now.

(That may change as the grey goose completely catches up with me and I sprawl on the floor for a few hours.)

A is happier than he's been in a long time, too, and we've planned a celebratory dinner for a couple of weeks from now. The fact that he's already planning a celebration is an enormous change. Again, celebrating small victories is really important, so I am glad he suggested a worthy reason to celebrate and a place.

New music this week:

Really, I haven't listened to much. I have a bunch of new things in the queue, but I had to rebuild my library again (my last corrupt hd corrupted some files). I have all my old metadata, but lost my playcounts and ratings.

I bought a lot of new music over the past 7 or 8 days:

Apostle Of Hustle, National Anthem of Nowhere
The Brand New Heavies, Get Used to It
Of Montreal, Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?
RJD2, The Third Hand
Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings, Naturally

and of course, Amy Winehouse, Back to Black.

Because of SX, I just haven't been listening to much. I have a lot of people to contact over the next few days and a lot of things to push ahead.

Honestly, I don't know exactly where everything is heading. I just know that I am surrounded by great people and we're all working as hard as we can.

No comments: