Monday, March 12, 2007

SXSW Shows I Will Attend

Work is crazy, so I am going to be attending far fewer shows than I had hoped.

These are the only shows I am guaranteed to attend (and to which I am looking forward):

-- Public Enemy at Auditorium Shores with all my people on Friday
-- CDFuse.com CA to TX Indie Rock Day Party at Red Eyed Fly on Saturday

I am so jealous of all the people who have taken the week off and are going to shows by bands they love.

When I go to a show, I have to meet the "people" and have them watch my reactions. I intentionally underreact. The best you will get from me, if true, is "sounded great/audience loved it." I might tell you the band has "a lot of potential," which is very faint praise. If I ask you what you see for the band, I am completely disinterested.

On that very rare occasion when I hear something amazing and I tell you "I love it!," you know I really mean it.

No comments: