Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Blog Round-Up - Cat Power, Arcade Fire, Jarvis Cocker, Supergrass

Stereogum has links to four Cat Power videos from Rolling Stone.

Music for Kids Who Can't Read Good instrumental Arcade Fire covers by the String Quartet Tribute.

The Indie Credential has a review a Jarvis Cocker show in Manchester and an mp3 of Fat Children.

arjanwrites has an mp3 of Louise Setara performing "Can't Stop the River." She's an 18 year old singer with a big, rich voice. I am interested is hearing more of her. She reminds me of those folky/bluesy singers my dad listens to. Not sure if she's my cup of tea, but I will give her another shot or two.

Idolator has a couple of Supergrass mp3s in honor of their tour with Arctic Monkeys this summer.

Brooklyn Vegan has a list of 11 Montréal bands playing SXSW.

I Guess I'm Floating has Illinois mp3s. I had never been that interested in Illinois, until I read this " Two of 2006's best albums, Annuals' Be He Me and Man Man's Six Demon Bag, both came crawling out of Ace Fu's arsenal and into the collective indie consciousness, almost completely out of the blue! And now it looks like they may have done it again, this time with the fantastic Ace Fu-debut EP What The Hell Do I Know? from Illinois."

No comments: