Saturday, March 10, 2007

Reuters' SXSW Buzz Bands Article Lists Actual Good Bands

When I saw the title of the Reuters article Buzz bands to watch at South By Southwest, I was mentally preparing the haterade I would be pouring all over their list until I clicked through.

The Pipettes, Girl Talk, Malajube, etc.: they actually got it right for about 6-12 months ago, which is still much further ahead than I'd anticipated. (I mean, it's Reuters.) Below are some songs for my favorites on their list.

Mp3: The Pipettes, I Love You (BBC Radio 1 Session).
Mp3: The Pipettes, Dirty Mind (BBC Radio 2 Mark Radcliffe Session live).
Buy the album We Are the Pipettes from Memphis Industries or on Amazon.

Mp3: Girl Talk, Live Four.
Originally from Covert Curiosity.
Buy the album Night Ripper Illegal Art, at Amazon or iTunes

Mp3: Malajube, Pâte Filo.

Their label store site is down, so buy it on Amazon or iTunes.

No comments: