Saturday, March 17, 2007

St. Patrick's Day

My mother comes from a big boisterous Irish family and I have a ton of aunts, uncles, and cousins I love dearly.

St. Pat's has always been a meaningful day, as a result. My mother still calls me every year to be sure I am representing. I try to be more subtle about it -- I am unlikely to be sporting a green shamrocked t-shirt at the showcases today.

St. Pat's has another extremely important connection for me. On this date 8 years ago, a friend enticed me to Houston with talk of a party, but convinced me to help him launch a label. For me, this is a fond memory. I could not have imagined 8 years ago all of the twists and turns and drama and turmoil that would have arisen from that one simple decision.

I was hoping that today we would be making a big announcement, but everything has not quite fallen into place yet. It's still a couple of weeks away, but that does not lessen my enthusiasm for today, for the people I am working with here, and for the future we have been building together.

No comments: