Sunday, January 21, 2007

New Music - Field Music

Field Music released their second album on iTunes this week in the US.

I have been reading posts about them this month on Music For Kids Who Can't Read Good, Covert Curiousity, and Fluxblog.

Field Music is buoyant Britpop (and British Pop), while being more than the sum of its parts. The songs are catchy and I have a sneaking suspicion that this album will be one of my favorites for this year.

I particularly enjoy Give It Lose It Take It, which reminds me of early Beatles and early Oasis, and A House Is Not A Home, which Fluxblog says "seems effortless in the way that only the best songs can, and has a way of sneaking into the back of your mind and setting up residence like a welcome, yet uninvited guest."

Buy it on iTunes.

No comments: