Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Departed - New Deletions From My Collection

I have 4435 songs in iTunes and there is a lot of chaff. I really hate deleting songs, so I revisit my 1 and 2 star lists from time to time. Some songs have escaped into regular circulation, but these are escaping only into the ether:

Vessels - Too much dissonance and the mix irritated me. I know that's the point, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

The Black Lips.

Lovedrug.

Rappers Delight Club - I prefer my child rappers of the "jump, jump" or "pass de dutchie pon de left-hand side" variety. Thanks Pitchfork!

Simple Plan - I can feel the sacchrine of power-punk through my phones. Originally from an iTunes sampler.

Rock N Roll Soldiers - See above.

Scenes from a Movie - Why do I hate this college boy music so much? From PureVolume, now gone.

The Electric Pop Group.

A cover of Wonderwall mis-attributed to Radiohead.

Covers of Creep misattributed to Pearl Jam and Muse.

A live recording of Lightning Crashes with a woman shrieking every 15 seconds.

Albums I cannot yet bring myself to delete:

Mos Def, The New Danger. First, I bought it from iTunes because, well, that's what I do for someone who gave us "Black on Both Sides" and Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Blackstar." It's not in rotation, though.

Q Tip, Kamal the Abstract. This is an unreleased album by a favorite artist, so I cannot delete it.

No comments: