Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Covers Only I Could Love - BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge

Last year, I rediscovered my love of British Pop and British Rock and all the music in between (really, that's like all the music from A to B).

In rediscovering this music, I found songs from the BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge, which are actually wonderful.

Just in case there is anyone in the world who wants to hear how Pharrell's Frontin' sounds being performed by Jamie Cullum, this is the post for you.

Frontin', Jamie Cullum.

Originally written and performed by Pharrell, Jamie Cullum transforms a catchy hip-hop track into a catchier jazzy pop song. I listen to it way more than I should.

As a direct result of hearing this song, I bought Jamie Cullum's 2004 album. Nothing on it capitvated me as much as this song.

Mp3: Frontin' by Jamie Cullum

Naive, Lily Allen.

This is the song that introduced me to Lily Allen, who became beloved and then reviled by music bloggers in a few short months (and before her album was ever released in the US.

It was written and performed by The Kooks, another British band I adore. (Alone, apparently.) As I have mentioned in my Best of 2006, I love this song in all its versions and this is the first version I had heard.

Mp3: Naive, Lily Allen

No comments: