Friday, December 14, 2007

Drunken Holiday Parties

I spent the afternoon with some of my dearest friends (and some close acquaintances)
at our annual holiday luncheon.

Sure, compared to a Christmas party, a holiday luncheon does not sound that impressive, but I just got home at 3:30 pm and I've been drinking champagne for 4 hours. (It's so much better that we do this on a Friday than when we use to have them on Tuesdays.)

My old firm had the best holiday parties. They had two each year: the first for just staff (with drunken skits from newbies), and the second for the executive-types where you could bring a date. Ah, drunken outrageous skits. It's remarkable any of us were still employed afterwards . . .

Currently listening to:
Superwoman, Alicia Keys
Wave of Mutilation, The Pixies
More, Rhymefest feat Kanye West

No comments: