Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A New Venture Means a New Name and a New Logo

What we name ourselves is so important to us, and relatively inconsequential to everyone else.

We know this. Still, we torture ourselves coming up with something cool, but not precious. Nothing too "on the nose" but not too completely abstract. Seriously, over the years, I have spent hours, if not days, engaged in these discussions.

I am not creative. By that, I mean that I am not considered creative: I am no artist/writer/musician. I do have strong opinions. I figure, I am a consumer of music (or whatever), and I am not afraid to be uncool. It's kind of my profession.

So, the creative guys do their thing, and then, I get a vote.

We almost flipped names over the past couple of days. I have loved the name we've been using for a few months. It's a great name. It may be profoundly uncool in ways we cannot quite conceive, but I am long past caring.

For now, we're sticking with our name. It's an easy decision: it's who we are.

No comments: