Monday, December 17, 2007

VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90s -- I Am So Old

Don't judge me, but I flipped over from watching the game (go Bears!) to make sure I hadn't missed the finale of I Love NY 2. (Again, no judgments.) Instead, I found VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90s.

Wow, I am old.

The first thing I see is Montell Jordan's This is How We Do It. Okay, B and I saw him in concert in San Antonio when he opened for co-headliners Mary J. Blige and Boyz II Men, so I accept this was the 90s.

Next up, Austin's own Fastball with "The Way."

Is it really possible this came out in 1998?

It seems so much more recent than that, perhaps because I used to drive past one of their houses every morning on my way to work so they were still on my mind this decade.

More likely, it is because they are still the nightmare story Austin musicians tell each other to warn about quitting the day job too soon.

Listen:

Buy:

No comments: