Saturday, December 30, 2006

Rebuilding the Music Collection

After all of the problems I had with my lemony fresh MBP, I have had to rebuild the past 5 months of my music collection 4 or 5 times.

The first couple of times, I lost playlists, etc, so I got smart about using meta-data to embed the special tags in the files. When I got the brand new dual core MBP, I accidently overwrote my iPod and lost the collection again, 5 days before heading to NY.

Slowly, I have been rebuilding my 2006 lists and adding lots more music. I love having an extra 20 gb in the new hard drive, which I have filled with even more music.

At this point, I am just trying to tag everything properly, since I lost all of my ratings for about a thousand songs. I also grabbed A's iTunes, so I added a ton of jazz, also unrated.

No comments: