Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day and Love Songs

There have been posts all over the blogosphere about love songs for the past couple of weeks:

Gorilla vs Bear linked to Stone's Throw Records Valentine's Mixtape.

I Guess I'm Floating did an appropriately indie, bitter playlist, featuring songs from The Mountain Goats and Ohia.

Rather than celebrate Valentine's on the 14th, A and I celebrate on the 15th.

It's a random tradition, begun years ago when my work caused us to miss our Castle Hill dinner reservation for our second valentine's day. Ever since, we've declared the 15th our day.

So, in honor of A & J's Valentine's Day, here are my favorite love songs:

Jill Scott, A Long Walk (Touch of Jazz remix).

This is a jazzier version of the original, which sounds to me like falling in love.

Buy the original here on iTunes.

Alicia Keys, If I Ain't Got You.

This is a modern, romantic song. This is a live version from the Grammy's. Buy the original here on iTunes.

Stevie Wonder, As.

It's just lovely. Buy it here on iTunes.

No comments: